Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tumble Down the Stairs...

Hey y'all (the southern is still in my system),

Remember when we were younger and the cool thing to do was look up the meaning of your name? This was probably around the time that My Big Fat Greek Wedding came out and  everything was rooted back to the Greek language. Well that and Windex was the new cure for pimples.

Anywho the real purpose of this rambling is the meaning of my name. Tabitha means Gazelle. Gazelle's are considered to be graceful and swift animals.

I have been haunted by this meaning from the moment I read it. I am not the most graceful person. I am constantly tripping and falling. Basically, I am very good at being the opposite of graceful.

For example, today I was walking down the stairs and fell. There was no reason I fell other than tripping over my own feet. I smacked my elbow, back, and head off the steps. Luckily, I didn't hurt myself. This brings me to the single girl problem of this post.

#SingleGirlProblem Number 2: No one to kiss your bruises or to get you ice when you fall

(My elbow is a little sore.)


Personally, I think I fit more in with urban dictionary's definition of gazelle:
A good looking, yet aloof girl who is consistently guarded when a man shows interest. She will give the impression of mild interest, even go out on dates with a man she is not that interested in, and then run at the first sign of genuine pursuit. On rare occasions, the man is able to catch her interest anyway.
But that is a different story for a different day.

Hope no one else took a tumble today!

Cheers,
Tabitha 

No comments: