Sunday, February 24, 2013

Things I can't do left handed...

Last night, I went out to SouthSide to celebrate a friend's birthday. As I have already told you guys in my post Tumble Down the Stairs, I am not the most graceful person. Adding alcohol into the mix only makes it worse. Walking from one bar to the next, I fell down crossing the street. I picked myself up, wiped off the blood and kept moving. This morning when I woke up my right wrist was killing me. Fortunately, I don't think it is broken just sprained or twisted.

 I've got a wrap on it to see if it will help it get better. 

I am a right handed person. I use my right hand for a lot of things. Since my wrist is hurting today, I've tried to use my left hand for things. I've come to realize there are some things I cannot do left handed.  

Some things I cannot do left handed despite how hard I try:
  • Brushing my teeth
  • Taking food from my plate to my mouth 
  • Switching between Park, Reverse, and Drive in my car (Thank goodness it isn't a manual!)
  • Writing
There are also some things I cannot do one handed:
  • Put my hair in a pony tail
  • Typing (This post is painful!)
  • opening twist off lids
  • Tying my shoe laces
I'm sure I will find more things over the next day or so that I need my right hand for. I am just reminded of how blessed I am to have two working hands on a daily basis. 

#SingleGirlProblem Number 7: Still having to do everything for yourself when you hurt your wrist.  

Are any of you ambidextrous? I know I'm not.

Cheers, 
Tabitha 


No comments: